Support for women reentering the workforce
The JFS Women’s Center helps displaced homemakers, individuals who are working to become economically self-sufficient after the loss of a partner through divorce, separation or death, or after a partner becomes disabled. Many displaced homemakers struggle to enter or re-enter the workforce; JFS provides individualized coaching to help women set personal goals, identify community resources, and advance professionally.
The JFS Women’s Center offers:
- Career services
- One-on-one coaching sessions
- Goal setting and follow-up
- Referrals to financial, legal, educational, and other services
- Tuition assistance for eligible participants for short-term career training
- Support groups and referrals to mental health services
- Personal development workshops and networking opportunities
- Ongoing case management
For more information on these or other services, contact JFS today.
The program is funded by a grant from the Division of Women NJ Department Children and Families. The Women’s Center is a member of the Displaced Homemaker Network of New Jersey, Inc.
Jewish Family Services & You
“You’re just beyond kind!!! I just received your surprise gift in the mail and I have no words to describe how grateful I feel to have such supportive people in my life and to be part of Women’s Center. I did not expect this at all since you’ve already done enough for me and my daughter. Whatever I have achieved would not have been possible without your support. I am left speechless at the selfless generosity.”
– Puja K, Women’s Center member
Are you looking for help or do you know someone who needs help? Do you want to volunteer your time or
make a donation?