JFS is growing! Our open positions vary over time, so please check for future updates. The jobs below are available immediately; please email [email protected] with your resume and cover letter.
Jewish Family Services of Middlesex County is seeking a full-time, bilingual Outreach Specialist for its Senior Medicare Patrol NJ program. The dynamic, energetic individual will travel throughout NJ giving presentations to educate seniors on Medicare fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Plan, coordinate, schedule and implement educational presentations about Medicare and fraud as set forth by the U.S. Administration for Community Living for the New Jersey SMP program. Develop collaborative working relationships with the aging services network professionals, law enforcement and others. Frequent travel to sites for presentations is required.
- Develop a marketing plan to reach senior adults on a statewide basis, especially those whose first language may be Spanish.
- Develop and conduct outreach activities, including group outreach sessions, community education events, and individual counseling sessions.
- Gather and maintain resource materials of senior issues, especially Medicare fraud, waste and abuse.
- Input data on outreach and volunteer activities into the SMP Information and Reporting System (SIRS) database.
- Assist Project Director with federal reporting requirements including semi-annual reports.
- Act as liaison to the National Consumer Protection Technical Resource Center, a resource center for the SMP program.
- Attend the annual SMP/SHIP conference which requires travel and overnight accommodations for 5 days.
- Maintain records, prepare reports, and perform other administrative work necessary to document work as required by the agency and funding sources.
- Perform all other functions necessary to fulfill the purpose of the position and as directed by the SMP Project Director.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (other languages an asset).
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university; experience working with senior adults preferred.
- Willingness to take appropriate training programs and work a varying schedule as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain collegial relationships with co-workers and colleagues.
- Comfortable with computer databases and other appropriate programs.
- Commitment to senior adults.
- Ability to drive and willingness to use personal vehicle.
To be considered, send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: [email protected]. Write “SMP Outreach Specialist” in subject heading.
JFS Middlesex seeks a part-time drivers to provide transportation via JFS vehicles for JFS senior adult clients.
Transport JFS senior clients to and from agency programs, medical appointments, and assist with meals on wheels delivery
- Maintain daily vehicle log sheets (client trip manifest, maintenance checklist)
- Perform daily vehicle pre/post trip inspections
- Monitor client activities and functioning while transporting
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned by Program Coordinators
- Bring vehicles to repair shop for maintenance, repairs, gas and/or to car wash
- Attend training as required
- Clean driving record required (background checks performed)
Submit resume/work experience to [email protected].
Write “PT Driver” in the subject header.
JFS Middlesex seeks an Essential Needs Program Coordinator to ensure a smooth and efficient entry for clients into the agency service structure by coordinating linkages between:
- clients and JFS service divisions
- clients and external resources or service providers
- referring agencies and JFS service divisions
- referring agencies and external resources or service providers
- Respond to all requests for service
- provide information on an immediate basis, as needed
- refer clients to JFS divisions and/or other agencies, as needed
- mail information to clients, when appropriate
- Record all requests for service including information determined by the agency, e.g., type of request, demographic information, linkage to JFS division and/or external resource, etc.
- Complete required recordkeeping forms on a daily basis using forms and procedures as established by the agency and as required by funding source(s)
- Research, collect, organize, and update community resource information used to assist clients at the point of intake
- Assist with completion of applications for any public benefit programs (e.g., food pantry), as appropriate
- schedule appointments for clients seeking food pantry assistance
- complete documentation with clients seeking food pantry assistance
- train and oversee Food Pantry volunteers
- create calendar of community food events, pack, load and drive van, attend and distribute food at events
- input daily activity on food pantry log
- pack and deliver food as needed to shut-in clients in the county
- maintain inventory of food pantry and provide list of food for order, to supervisor
- maintain an inventory of pre-packaged bags for distribution to clients
- maintain list and input on spreadsheet donations of food, toys, school supplies
- Register and terminate clients as appropriate in Client Database
- Provide telephone support as needed
- Provide coverage at the front desk as needed
- Perform any other duties as required by the Executive Administrator/Program Supervisors.
- High School diploma, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, bilingual a plus
- Comfortable with computer databases and other appropriate programs
- Ability to use necessary office equipment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Valid driver license with clean record
Submit resume/work experience to [email protected]. Write “Essential Needs Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
JFS is seeking energetic, motivated clinical social workers to join our supportive multidisciplinary team providing counseling for children through senior adults; individual and family therapy. Full-time and part-time positions available.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to deliver high-quality client care.
- Experience in mental health or hospital social work.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Credentialing with insurance companies (willing to provide opportunity for insurance credentialing to right candidates).
Send a cover letter and resume via email.
Write “LCSW” in the subject header and send to: [email protected]
JFS Middlesex seeks a Marketing & Communications Associate to develop and implement internal and external facing branding, public relations, and marketing of JFS Middlesex aligned with our core values and guiding principles. Under the supervision of the Marketing & Communications Coordinator, this position will cultivate our online presence on all platforms including social media and the agency website, as well as ensure agency wide communication throughout all departments is on brand including design and content management.
- Carries out weekly deliverables that include preparing email communication/online newsletter, media posts, and connecting with staff to retrieve program highlights.
- Writes and prepares mini-blogs, program highlights, and/or agency announcements for digital, print and video content channels.
- Assists outreach team with client interviews and collect testimonials for digital communications and printed marketing materials.
- Supports social media channels by posting and creating content, including graphics and video, as well as responding to messages.
- Design flyers, graphics, evites and other marketing
- Assists in the development of marketing materials for special events (i.e., online auctions, celebrations, agency gatherings, etc.)
- Update the organization’s website as assigned
- Collaborate with staff on outreach projects and events as needed
- Prepare weekly updates and maintain regular contact with supervisor
- Supports department leadership with ad hoc projects as needed
- Must be available to work minimum 15 hours per week. Exact days are flexible. Hybrid option (includes in-person and remote workdays).
Submit resume/work experience to [email protected].
Write “Marketing & Communications Associate” in the subject line.
JFS Middlesex provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
JFS Middlesex is a drug-free workplace.
Jewish Family Services & You
“The Meals on Wheels are a godsend, I’m so thankful to be blessed with a meal, it would be so difficult without it. I’m thankful that JFS provides for the elderly.”
– Olivia F, KMOW recipient
Are you looking for help or do you know someone who needs help? Do you want to volunteer your time or
make a donation?