JFS hosts or supports a number of social environments for the senior community, and actively engages seniors through stimulating socialization activities. Scheduling for these program may change, call JFS at 732-777-1940 to verify time and place. Socialization opportunities include:
- Widow/Widowers Club – a socialization group for widows and widowers
Varying Wednesdays once a month 1PM – 3PM in Monroe
- CAMEO – a senior nutrition program that combines program activities with a Glatt kosher lunch
Highland Park – 9:30 AM – 1 PM Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
Monroe – 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM Monday, 12 PM – 2 PM Tuesday,10 AM – 12 PM Wednesday, 12 PM – 2 PM Thursday
- Men’s Club – a socialization group for men looking for kindred fellowship.
Monroe – Each Friday 1 PM – 2:30PM
- Women’s Clubs – socialization groups for women looking for friendship and camaraderie; relationships and activities often continue beyond the program.
Monroe – Each Wednesday and Friday 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- Senior Chai – a recreational activity provided monthly for senior adults. Speakers and entertainers provide a time of relaxation and enjoyment for active seniors. These activities are held in community venues.
Monroe – Once a month SEE OUR NEXT PROGRAM
- Sunday Excursions – trips to various community sites (lunch, movies, museums, etc.) for isolated seniors. Transportation provided. Participants pay their own entrance fees.
Monroe – Sundays monthly. Dates and times as scheduled.
- Yiddish Club – meets to learn and share the Yiddish language.
Monroe – Second Wednesday monthly 1:30PM – 3PM
For more information or to sign up for any program(s): Call: JFS 732-777-1940, or e-mail email@example.com
If you are looking for a volunteer opportunity or interested in offering transportation, please visit our volunteer page.